Knee pain is a very common condition. It can happen to anyone, anytime at any given place. Sometimes knee pain resolves on its own but in some cases, it can lead to severe pain and discomfort which need to be addressed by a Knee Pain Specialist in Surat.
The variety of factors why knee pain is so prevalent include:
1. Age: As people get older, the wear and tear on the knee joint increases, making it more susceptible to injury and degeneration.
2. Obesity: Being overweight or obese can put additional stress on the knee joint, leading to pain and injury.
3. Osteoarthritis: As mentioned before, osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease caused by wear and tear of the cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones in the knee joint. It's a common condition that affects many older adults.
4. Repetitive motions: Certain activities that involve repetitive motions, such as sports or certain types of work, can put stress on the knee joint and lead to pain and injury.
5. Trauma: Injury from accidents or falls can also lead to knee pain.
6. Genetics: some people may have a genetic predisposition for certain knee condition.
7. Weakness of muscles supporting the knee joint also can lead to knee pain.
It's important to keep in mind that knee pain can have many different causes, and it's always best to consult with an expert Knee Specialist in Surat who can determine the specific cause of your knee pain and develop an appropriate treatment plan.
There are several common causes of knee pain in adults, including:
1. Osteoarthritis: a degenerative joint disease caused by the wear and tear of the cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones in the knee joint.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis: an autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation and damage to the joint lining.
3. Bursitis: inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs that cushion the knee joint.
4. Tendinitis: inflammation of the tendons that attach the muscles to the bone.
5. Fractures: breaks in the bones of the knee, which can occur as a result of a fall or an accident.
6. Meniscus tear: a tear in the cartilage that helps to stabilize the knee joint Prevention of knee pain can include:
1. Maintaining a healthy weight.
2. Staying physically active to improve the strength and flexibility of the muscles that support the knee joint.
3. Using proper techniques when engaging in sports and other physical activities.
4. Wearing appropriate shoes and gadgets that provide good support and cushioning.
Treatment for knee pain may include:
1. Rest and ice to reduce inflammation.
2. Physical therapy to improve strength and flexibility.
3. Medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or corticosteroids, to reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Injections of lubricating fluids or other treatments to help protect and cushion the knee joint.
5. Surgery, if all other treatment options fail, and which include joint replacement.
Dr. Kaushik Patel is an expert Knee replacement surgeon In Surat with years of expertise in handling complex cases who can determine the best treatment plan for your specific condition.
Knee pain should not be ignored because it can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition or injury. Ignoring knee pain can lead to further damage and make it more difficult to treat. Additionally, if the underlying cause of knee pain is not addressed, it can lead to chronic pain and potentially limit your ability to perform everyday activities.
ROBOTIC KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY-
This surgery is typically recommended for individuals who have severe knee pain and limited mobility due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or other degenerative conditions. The surgery involves removing the damaged cartilage and bone from the thighbone, shinbone, and kneecap, and replacing them with the artificial joint.
The recovery period for knee replacement surgery can be several months, during which physical therapy is often necessary to regain strength and mobility in the knee. Dr. Kaushik Patel is an expert Knee Replacement Surgeon in Surat who has revolutionised the ABC Robo Technique for Knee replacement surgery, while consistently yielding best outcomes and giving patients a better quality of life and pain free days.